Spiritual Life of the Metis

Spiritual Life of the Metis
Installation found at Metis Crossing

Monday, July 11, 2011

Announcing running for office of Provincial Vice President


July 7, 2011

Hello today is a good day.

You’ve probably heard the saying, ‘Never say never.’  That is because one does not know the future and a change of heart or mind is possible.  Situations can change in the blink of an eye.  And that is what happened to me.  Situations changed.  I changed my mind.  Most of you are aware that September 6, 2011 is Election Day for the Métis Nation of Alberta Association.   Many people have repeatedly encouraged me to run again.  I’ve decided to do that.  But not for the position many would think.  I am running for the office of Provincial Vice President.  

Once again I need support for the nomination.  The names of 150 Métis members are required to sign the nomination form.  Signing the form does not necessarily mean you support me, although I hope you will.  Signing the form can simply indicate that you support my democratic right to run for office.  You can even sign for all the candidates running for the same office.  The only requirement is that you are registered as a member.  Please call or email me if you are willing to sign my nomination form. 

If you would like to be more active and help me collect names for the nomination, I’ve posted the forms for your convenience.  As well, I would appreciate support in other areas of the campaign.
                                                           
I will be producing a brochure and will soon announce my platform.  Please visit my blog for information I have already posted.  http://pasulasharonletendre.blogspot.com.  I’ve also started a group on Face book, Métis Spirit Revived where I hope to read your vision for the Métis Nation.

Many of you either know me or know of me.  I submitted at least one article in every Otipemisiwak in the last two years in an effort to keep you informed of interesting and important activities I have done in my capacity as Vice President of Métis Regional Council IV.  They should be archived on the website, http://www.albertametis.com/.

Thank you for your consideration.  I conclude with the thought of the day for July 11, 2011.

*“So, my brothers and sisters, we must not be ruled by our sinful selves or live the way our sinful selves want.  If you use your lives to do the wrong things your sinful selves want, you will die spiritually.  But if you use the Spirit’s help to stop doing the wrong things you do with your body, you will have true life.”  I choose life! 

*The devotional for today was Romans 8:12-25.  The above was verses 12, 13.  Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon, email me with details on where to go to sign k? I have my Metis card and will more than gladly support you. My email is darlin4321@hotmail.com (that's the one I use on public sites.) Have a great day and all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete